The JP Racing Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series Grand Final at Benaraby Raceway was shaping up to be a very good event with 100 racers but the sport's nemisis - rain - began falling after qualifying and the event was cancelled.
Series Winners were determined as per the Eighth Mile Rain Out Policy and all brackets with the exception of FG Loy & Sons Earthmoving Old School which Lyn Stewart won by a modest margin were very tight.
Queensland Nameplate Group Modified bike was tied for the runner up spot and had to go to a count back to the last round at Willowbank Raceway to determine a winner.
Congratulations must go to the Benaraby Club for the amount of work they have done there since last time we visited. Great job well done to all.
Thank you to all those that supported and raced the series this year and hope to see you all again for the 2014 Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series
John Winterburn, Series Organiser
Diamond T Products Junior Dragster
- Winner: Caleb Oberg 127 Points
- Runner Up: Dylan Leo 121 Points
Queensland Nameplate Group Modified Bike
- Winner: Simon Stevens 119 Points
- Runner Up: Paul Seawright 117 Points
John William Auto Sales Super Street
- Winner: Robert Winterburn 126 Points
- Runner Up: Guy Henry 121 Points
Ice Slushee Super Sedan
- Winner: Andrew Lange 124 Points
- Runner Up: Tony Whyatt 123 Points
RD Williams Excavator Parts Modified
- Winner: Ian Ham 110 Points
- Runner Up: Michael Cameron 107 Points
FG Loy & Sons Earthmoving Old School
- Winner: Lyn Stewart 129 Points
- Runner Up: Bob Mason 81 Points